WoMN Grantees Get Unique Coaching Opportunity
During 2015 and 2016, The Collabrium has partnered with GIVING WoMN (a women’s giving collective) to provide their award recipients with the opportunity to work with an executive coach. Award winners are leaders from a variety of non-profits in the Twin Cities.
Mary Melbo, Psychologist with The Collabrium, reported the participants’ evaluation results to GIVING WoMN’s Board of Directors in January 2016. Feedback was overwhelmingly positive to the following questions:
- What did you enjoy most about your coaching experience?
- What could be improved in your coaching experience?
- In what ways has the coaching helped you or your team or organization?
- Any other feedback?
- “This opportunity came into my life at a time when I really needed some professional support.”
- “I am a better leader and understand myself better after this experience.”
- “My coaching experience helped me to honestly evaluate my team, seeing beyond personal connections and truly determining the needs as we grow.”
- “As a new manager, I’ve been learning how to manage a team as I go; often times I question if I’m doing a good job…I’ve definitely become more confident in my approaches to working with my team.”
- “I’ve had mentors in the past (wonderful ones) and felt I had ‘no need’ for a coach…Little did I know how much his coaching would help, and overall, how well his coaching style was a fit for me!”
The coaches involved in this project include Mary Melbo, Deb Fowler, John Buck, Laura Kinkead, and Richard Brynteson. It is a wonderful opportunity for us to give back to our community.