There are compelling reasons to invest now in developing women leaders. Globally, the number of women in senior management has been stalled for about a decade at 24%. When Harvard Business School surveyed 25,000 graduates, they found that although men and women had similar ambitions, the men were far more likely to have direct reports, profit-and-loss responsibility, and senior-level jobs. And most importantly, when women are represented at senior levels, companies profit. A company with just 30% female executives can expect on average a 15% boost to profitability.
All our work starts with your organization’s strategies, goals, and needs; the results you want to accomplish in this arena of your talent management work. We can help you determine the best approaches and then customize solutions that are targeted to your needs. Our high-impact programs and learning events are rooted in best practices for leadership development and adult learning.
Programs for Emerging
We have expertise in bringing deep organizational knowledge and broad client experience to the Roundtable process.
- Our skillful facilitation guides small group dialogues, discussions, and business problem-solving on key issues and relevant topics
- Most Roundtable programs run for 8-10 months with monthly meetings
- Optimal group size is 12 participants
- Executive coaching is available for participants as an add-on
We can help you select talent who show promise for leadership roles.
- A series of learning events over 9-12 months targeted to group development needs, supported by individual coaching
- Individual development plans are built from 360-feedback tools and other assessments of potential
- An action learning project focused on a business-critical issue serves as a live learning lab for leadership, teamwork, business acumen, and strategic thinking skill-building
Laurie Schmidt, a founding partner of The Collabrium, is a seasoned executive coach and master facilitator who has worked on developing and delivering high-impact programs for both emerging and experienced women leaders.
Laurie has been coaching for over 20 years for clients such as Target, PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Novartis. Recently, she designed an accelerated development program for high-potential leaders, helping them get ready faster for larger roles. She is an expert on executive presence and leader transitions to new roles, new organizations, and new chapters.
“This is unlike other professional development events…it gave me the push to move ahead and take up more space…fantastic takeaway’s that translate to career leadership…I feel restored and hopeful going forward in my journey….important concepts for career advancement delivered in a fun and easy-to-digest format.”